Thursday, September 18, 2014

Studio Table



So Seth is hosting another peek into our artistic community's lives. 
Today we're sharing what our studio table looks like.



This is mine. I promise it really does look like this 99% of the time. I'm a bit of a neat freak in the sense that when I am finished working for the day, I clean up. I can't stand coming into the studio and finding a mess. It blocks my creative flow. I like to start with a clean slate every morning. I like having everything where it belongs because I spend less time looking for things and more time actually working. I've just been away on vacation, so I am in between projects, otherwise I would have purposely left it in work mode & snapped a photo.

Under my iPad & paper cutter, is an old phone book that I use to glue on so my work surface doesn't get sticky. I also use it to remove ink from stamps when I am done using them. I've been using the same phone book for years now. I have two more stashed away for future use, since they've quit making them.

The brown rectangle you see is one of those thick cardboard place mats you can buy at the dollar store. While it's hideously ugly, it also serves to protect my work surface.

To the left of this worktable, I have a computer desk where my laptop sits. I often pull out the keyboard tray to use as an extra surface when I need a place to put stuff.

So...there you go! To view more work tables, head over to Seth's blog. He'll be adding links until Saturday.


***

P.S. Today is the last day to enter to win a free copy of the fabulous Bella Grace. Click here to read my review & leave a comment on that post to be entered. I'll be drawing the winner tomorrow morning. This contest is open worldwide. Good luck!

6 comments:

Tracey FK said...

I think your space look so inviting... and love the wall colour... I wish I had the discipline to tidy up at the end of each day... but despite best intentions it never seems to happen... I blame family life as I never get to quite finish up before being interrupted for some family catastrophe or some such thing... love your space...xx

Anonymous said...

Nice pen organization. What a great idea to use an old phone book. Next time I get a massive catalog, I won't recycle but use it to glue on. Thanks for the tip. xox

Jackie PN said...

It's okay that you are neat, we all have our crosses to bear!! teeheehee
Seriously- very nice set up- thanks so much for sharing! ")

Robyn Hood Black said...

Lovely space - thank you for sharing! And I agree - brilliant use of old phone books.

Kathryn Dyche said...

I should clean up my space but it rarely happens. Love what you have up on the wall and the peek into where you create.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a neat freak, too. I also can't work in a messy space and clean up as soon as I am finished with whatever part of a project I'm working on. When not painting, I also dig out a phone book, or a junk mail magazine to get soak up my glue.

Thank you SO much for sharing your space. I no longer feel like an outsider.