Monday, March 24, 2014

Birthday Weekend



So...Saturday, the 22nd was my birthday. Unfortunately it didn't turn out quite like I'd planned. Friday night, our car's "Service Engine Soon" light came on. (What does "soon" mean, anyway?) We ran it in to the mechanic for a diagnostic first thing Saturday morning and the news was not good-we had to shell out over $660 in repairs. OUCH! Happy birthday to me.

In the afternoon, we met up with my son and his girlfriend and went to see Non-Stop with Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore and the woman who plays Mary on Downton Abbey, Michelle Dockery. It was actually really good-we didn't know who the bad guys are until the very end. It kept all of us guessing.

Afterwards, we went out for dinner and then home for Tiramisu cake.

Sunday morning, I spent the morning shopping for art supplies with my birthday money. I love paper, so these were the three I had to have.


I am taking a 6 week painting course that begins soon, so I wanted to pick up a few new stencils. Here are the ones I chose: 




This one is by Stencil Girl, which is my friend Mary Beth Shaw. So wonderful to see her having success! I would have bought more from her line, but this was the only stencil they had of hers.





I also popped into a dollar store to get an charger adapter for my husband's iPod and came across this chipboard set. I bought it for the pencils.


I also popped by the fabric store and fell in love with the fabric on the left. This is going to make me a really nice journal!


I spent the afternoon with my best friend, seeing another movie. It was nice to get out for a bit-I've been feeling pretty bad since the beginning of the year  (which is why I've been a bit quiet) and am currently totally deaf in my good ear. I've got medicine and go back to see my doc tomorrow. If it's not resolved, then it will mean an emergency trip to an ENT. I'd like to avoid that.

My friend Andrea, who was guiding a visually impaired skier at the Sochi Paralympics said she's sent me something for my birthday. My bet's it's something from Russia! I can't wait to see what it is!

Thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes. xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your days keep getting better and better. Yay for a painting class!

Briana said...

Wonderful birthday treats you've bought yourself! I found your blog through the facebook group for Daring Adventures in Paint - look forward to see what wonderful things you create!

Seth said...

Happy, happy birthday Lelainia. Looks like you got some gifts that will keep on giving. Have fun creating with all those treasures!